Friday, May 13, 2011

BACKLOGGED

Over the past while, Blogspot's been down (or was it just yesterday? I need to get out more..). Case in point, I've been finding all this cool stuff and have no way to share it with the world in more than 140 characters. (As for facebook, I didn't wanna be one of those people...you know?)

Self-deprecating narcissism aside, here are the things that I've been bursting to say I saw before anyone else; in order of how much time I've been wasting on them (wait a second..):

<- 1) Hours after my #PomplamoosePost, Google Chrome just released a free version of Angry Birds. Ever since, I've been getting 2 hours less sleep every night. #FML.

2) For those of you that know me, you probably know that I'm a pretty big @Hollerado fan. These guys are bringing back the "rock" in indie-rock. Think Weezer if they got drunk more and Rivers Cuomo wasn't such a #douche. I posted their newest music video on my old Tumblr. It's off their first album, "Record In A Bag"

Anyway, a video just surfaced of them playing a 'new-ish' song that they've been playing live for a while. It's off their newly released EP "Margaritaville II: The Reckoning" (which I just realized today had already come out, but that's a rant for another time.) I like the way they blend "still-sounding-like-the-band-they-were-on-the-first-record" with "not-just-remaking-their-first-album"


"Way down low, but I got somebody to love"
3) A new track from @JamesBlake. Pretty standard JB track...sounds like a record player being scanned onto a computer and then being printed back out onto glossy paper. Enjoy:

 James Blake - Give A Man A Rod (Second Version) by BOILER ROOM

4) In the time I've taken to write this post, I've found something else 'new' I wanna share with the world. Danger Mouse + Daniele Luppi + Jack White + Norah Jones = nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment