Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fly...Too High

New video from #JamesBlake. It almost sounds like an insult when I say that it sounds a lot like every other song he puts out, but believe me when I say that it's a compliment of the highest order. The track is off his self-titled, debut album which is on my list of great records of 2011 that demand a front to back listen. (I bet you're thinking...how the hell can I justify that in my busy life?). This guy has mastered 'dubstep on ambien' as I like to call it. Drowsy, vocoded samples drag in and out of heavy bass sounds to create a new, fuzzed-out world somewhere in between the clouds and the Matrix. If you haven't heard of this guy, give it a listen.

The video pays homage to an "Oracular Spectacular"-esque group of teenagers in a "leaving home" scenario. I'm sure there's more to gain every time you watch it, so here I go! (#unemployed)

No comments:

Post a Comment