Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Golden Rule

After a night of drunken debauchery (aka getting lost on the way to the party followed by some shopping cart escapades to round out the night) it's always advisable to go over golden rules. Now, "don't throw shopping carts off bridges" is a pretty good rule to live by, but I wouldn't call it golden. Bronze, maybe...hell it might only get a 'participation' ribbon if we're talking about #rulestoliveby here.

No, more generally, I would say one golden rule that I like to live by is "Keep Calm and Carry On." This gem has got me out of sticky situations, time and time again. The trick? Not giving a fuck. Once you've mastered the art of keeping calm, the 'carrying on' really just seems to fall into place.

That being said, I'm not going to get into the specifics of why I was forced to keep calm or carry on last night..rather I'll just move on to the next golden rule. This rule was featured on last night's SNL, and is the trilogy to Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake's "Dick in a Box" and "Mother Lover" skits. Throw in a feature from Lady Gaga and it makes it an instant classic. Enjoy! (PS you might have to go to photobucket to see the vid)



"It's not gay when it's in a 3 way...with a honey in the middle there's some leeway"

1 comment:

  1. i read your blog just to see where the links will take me

    ReplyDelete