Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The PYRAMID of POKéDUB

I remember the very first time I ever heard of Pokémon. I was in the second or third grade. As I stepped outside for recess, I saw a swarm of kids unlike I had ever seen before. I mean, I had seen games of manhunt that spanned across the entire field, but nothing like this. Everyone was huddled together in what I would later in life liken to the shady people at the party, but what a party it was!

As I stumbled my way befuddled over to the crowd and inched my way into the chaos, someone quickly explained that this phenomenon that I was experiencing was called "Pokémon," and one of my friends' older brothers very nicely donated a Magikarp to my cause. I was immediately hooked. I traded my way up until I scoffed at the mention of Magikarp. I pulled off some deals some crazy deals in my day, but those are stories for another time.

What I'm getting at here is that the first time I felt the rush of that card in my hands was eerily similar to the first time I heard dubstep. I'd probably yawn at the first dubstep song I ever listened to...probably some early Datsik or something - but it was that feeling. The feeling that you had something special you could show to your friends that would cause them to defecate. No doubt that as of late, the dubstep as well as Pokémon markets have both become a little overcrowded and inflated, so to speak, so I have made it my responsibility to filter through it all to find the cream of the crop. I present to you:



THE PYRAMID OF POKéDUB

The cream:



The crop (still some decent mixes compared to what's out there)

No comments:

Post a Comment